Northwest Chowder Cook Off
Local area restaurants will prepare chowder on site at the event to be ready for tasting by the public at 12 noon.
Attendees to the event purchase a "tasting kit"for $5.00. The tasting kit includes:
... wristband for unlimited "tasting"
... three wooden tokens that will be your voting chips
... the first 500 tasters will receive a souvenir Spooner cup!
Chowder enthusiasts will be able to go from restaurant to restaurant tasting 2 oz samples until they are full!
The tokens will be tallied and the one with the most will be declared the chowder champion for 2008! The first place winner will receive $500; second will receive 300; third $200. They will also receive plaques to hang in their premises.
A few of the participates include:
Little Creek Casino
Lucky Dog Casino
Robin Hood Restaurant
Union Bay Cafe
Fish Tale Brew Pub
Would your restaurant like to participate in the Cook-Off? Download the application here!
- Open to any cook/chef currently working in a restaurant or commercial kitchen.
- Participants must have a valid food handlers course.You may arrive up to 4 hours in advance for preparation and set-up. Set up areas will be assigned in advance to all participants.
- Chowder must contain NORTHWEST seafood.
- Participating restaurants/establishments must prepare seafood chowder onsite
- Provide 6 to 8 liters of chowder for judging and for the public to enjoy.
- Public judging will take place Saturday, September 13th, noon to 1:30 pm
- Participants must supply: cooking surface and hot holding unit; serving utensils; storage for perishable foods; extension cords.
- Exhibitors will be required to have 2 oz samples available- serving units will be supplied.
- The winners will be chosen by people's and chef's choice. Good Luck!